The Childhood Sleep Project
The Childhood Sleep Project is part of a PhD study on sleep, behaviour and anxiety in children aged 6-12. If you are a parent of a child with FASD, ASC, or no diagnosis, please click on the button below to take part in the study:
In return for taking part, you will receive a booklet detailing:
1) Your child's sleep score - including: Bedtime Resistance, Sleep Onset Delay, Sleep Duration, Sleep Anxiety, Night Waking, Parasomnia, Sleep Disordered Breathing, Daytime Sleepiness.
2) Your child's anxiety score - including: Separation Anxiety, Panic Symptoms, Physical Injury Fears, Social Problems, Obsessive Compulsive score, Generalised Anxiety score.
3) Your child's behaviour score - including: Withdrawn behaviour, Somatic complaints, Anxious behaviour, Social behaviour, Thought problems, Attention, Rule following and Aggression.
4) Your child's executive functioning score - including: Working memory, Inhibition, Shifting, Emotional Control, and Planning and organisation.
5) Some Sleep Resources relating to particular sleep problems (eg, bedtime resistance, etc)
About the researcher, Rabya Mughal:
I am mainly focussing on FASD (Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders) but am now seeing similarities between a number of different neurological conditions - mainly that attention, sleep-anxiety and bedtime resistance, and behaviour are linked in some way. I designed this study with the participants in mind - your participation is so valuable to my PhD - but my research should also have an impact on the very people I am trying to understand. Parents fill in the form, and as a thank you for taking part, receive some detailed feedback on their child's score, along with a booklet of sleep resources. Please visit my website or view my profile for more information.